About the team.
Stoomlink (pronounced s-too-mlink [ˈstuːmlɪŋk] 😉) is a Belgian tech startup whose ambition is to foster the transition to a more sustainable mobility thanks to its innovative digital products. Our primary focus is to help companies, public operators and local authorities analyze their current offer, shape their strategies for tomorrow and spread their love for a greener mobility 💚.
Stoomlink was founded in late 2018 as a subsidiary company of three major players of the Belgian mobility sector: VIAS Institute, Stratec and nextmoov. The three founding partners bring together an in-depth understanding of the Belgian mobility ecosystem and a unique expertise in the development of digital products.
From NextRide — a multi-awarded mobility companion — to the Smart Mobility Planner — an ambitious open-source route planner, Stoomlink is built upon a solid legacy of top-notch user experience and cutting-edge technologies.
After bootstrapping its products and activities for a year, now is the time for Stoomlink to embrace its ambition to become an enabler of the modal shift.
What we do.
Transition to a more sustainable mobility remains a major struggle. Among the reasons identified, we believe there is one we could easily do something about: overcoming the lack of confidence in the offer of alternative mobility and the loss of control experienced by those abandoning their cars.
To achieve this, we are convinced that qualitative information is the key. This is how we have developed a range of innovative digital products which, through their unique process of data, provide contextualized, actionable and real-time information to those who define the mobility of tomorrow.
We not only are great product makers: we also like to think we are the best team 💪. And this has definitely something to do with our DNA and our willingness to (re)invent the way we work. And if concepts like work/life balance, autonomy and structured freedom are important to you, go ahead to our public GitHub repository to get to know us a bit better!
Oh, one more thing! You’ll see in there that inclusivity and feminism are an integral part of our cherished values. And as we don’t repeat it enough: let’s break the gender gap together, woman are strongly encouraged to apply 🔥.
What you'll do.
As Account & Sales Manager, you’ll be both the face of Stoomlink for all our current and future clients as well as the leading role for structuring and expanding our sales pipeline. More specifically, we are looking for someone who will:
- Develop our business and expand our portfolio of clients by actively prospecting for new prospects with a hands-on mentality;
- Search for and follow-up opportunities in a professional and structured manner by focussing on prospection, cross-selling and upselling;
- Structure and strengthen our sales funnel by deploying supporting tools and processes;
- Be the single point of contact for the existing clients and supervising the deployment projects in close relationship with both the clients and the development teams;
- Collaborate to the development of our product line, bringing the customer’s perspective to our management and development teams;
- Be a driving force in a small team of highly-skilled and ambitious people 🚀.
- You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any field that includes a mix of technology and business focus (we think of Business Engineers, Civil Engineers, Economics, IT, …).
- You have at least 2 years of proven experience in sales management.
- You are autonomous and self-organized.
- You have strong social skills and communicate easily with others.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are capable of working in a rapidly changing and frequently ambiguous environment.
- You are fluent in Dutch and you and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in either English or French.
Bonus points if:
- You don’t have a car, or at least you love public transports and micro-mobility as much as we do 😍
- You have an affinity for project management-related tools and processes, and you have at heart to seek for efficiency.
- You have affinity with the IT world and you know how to code and/or browse into databases.
What we'll offer you.
- Become a key employee in a fast-growing and ambitious startup and have a meaningful impact on its destiny.
- Work in an open and transparent environment, with its share of fun too!
- A lot of freedom in organizing your work (remote and/or asynchronous work is encouraged).
- A competitive salary package, coming with some nice perks (laptop, mobile subscription, DKV insurance, mobility allocation, meal voucher).